010101: People's Choice Awards
- In case you didn't already know, "Friends" is nominated as Favorite Television Comedy Series. The show will air January 7th. Full list of nominees here>>
// 001230: Matthew
nominated for a TV guide award!
- Matthew was together with amongst others David Schwimmer and Matt LeBlanc nominated for a TV guide Award for which the nominations were announced yesterday. "Friends" is also nominated as Comedy Series of the Year. the event takes center stage at the Shrine Expo Center in Los Angeles on February 24, 2001 and will air on March 7, 2001 on FOX. More here >>
// 001229: Matthew
Perry as the next James Bond?
- Gossip columnist Janet Charlton writes that "Friends" star Matthew Perry may be donning the tuxedo and asking for a vodka martini in his next picture, which may happen to be the next James Bond picture. "Studio bigwigs feel Perry has the charm, youth and talent to take the long-running franchise into the new Millennium," says Charlton. EON Productions, the studio responsible for the James Bond movies, denies that any talk has occured between them and any possible replacements for Pierce Brosnan, who will be filming his last Bond picture soon.
001102 :: Liz and Matty in Sarah
- Elizabeth Hurley has been named as Matty's costar in the new comedy 'Servicing Sarah' and filming will begin in L.A. Dec.27th.
001030:: GQ and US covers!
- Matty is on the cover of both GQ and US Weekly right now, go get! View the covers [ us weekly I gq ]
001026:: Matthew Perry Comes Clean
- Matthew Perry's life lessons: Heavy drinking and poor eating habits can prove troublesome, recovering from pancreatitis is a struggle--and finding your soulmate while guzzling cocktails at the Sky Bar is an exercise in futility. [full story]
001001:: Perry Is Desperately Seeking Sarah
-Matthew Perry is set to follow his success in 'The Whole Nine Yards' with another comedy vehicle, 'Servicing Sarah'. Variety reports that the 'Friends' star will play a "process server" who is trying to give legal papers to a woman. Said woman is difficult to track down, however, and Perry becomes involved in a frantic chase. Romantic complications inevitably ensue. 'Servicing Sarah' will be directed by Reginald Hudlin ('Boomerang', 'The Great White Hype'), although the female lead has yet to be cast. The comedy has a strong pedigree, with writers from TV hits 'Spin City' and 'Seinfeld' responsible for its journey to the big screen. If the film emulates the success of 'The Whole Nine Yards', Matthew Perry is in real danger of becoming a movie star and leaving his 'Friends' behind.
000904:: Matthew presenting at the Emmy's ::
- Matthew will be one of the presenters at the 52.d annual Emmy Awards, Sunday September 10th, with amongst others Friends costar Jennifer Aniston. Don't miss the show where Friends is up for 4 Emmy nominations. To see the full list of presenters, go here, and for the Emmy coverage, go here.
000827:: Matthew in the newest In Style Magazine ::
- In the September issue of In Style magazine, everyone from Friends actor Matthew Perry to Hollywood honey Drew Barrymore gives a personal definition of sensuality — and the results are funny, yet mortifying. Perry, for instance, thinks "Bingo is sexy — since I'm the only guy under 70 playing, I'm bound to look great!" He sheepishly adds that he's a big fan of the overwrought, romantic "moonlit dinner on the beach" routine. Why's that, Matt? "You can score with a girl, even if she hates you, if you show her [the moonlight over the ocean]." Riiiight. Source: Mr Showbiz Article and pic here!
:: Friends again nominated for four Emmy Awards::
- When the Emmy nominations where announced, "Friends" again got four of them , including two nominations for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a comedy series, which went to both Lisa Kudrow and Jennifer Aniston.
Here is the list of the nominations "Friends" received.
- Outstanding Directiing for a comedy series - The One That Could Have Been, Parts 1 & 2
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a comedy series - Lisa Kudrow and Jennifer Aniston.
- Outstanding Comedy series
To see the full list of nominees, go to www.emmys.org
000801 :: Jen and Brad gets hitched ::
- Matthew attended the wedding between "Friends" co-star Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt on Saturday, July 29. After months of rumors, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston were married Saturday at a ceremony on an ocean bluff. About 200 guests attended the lavish sunset ceremony at an estate owned by television executive Marcy Carsey. Guests seen going into the Malibu estate included actress Cameron Diaz and Aniston's "Friends" co-stars, including Matthew Perry.:: Pictures :: :: Full Story::
000615 ::Perry Takes Name Off Emmy Ballot::
- Matthew Perry's no better than the rest of the Friends, he insists. The star, one sixth of TV's highest-rated sitcom, moved quickly to remove himself from the Emmy ballot when he learned that, unbeknownst to him, his agent had submitted his name for the lead actor in a comedy series category. :: Full Story::
000525 ::Perry Addresses Health Concerns::
- Finally some details are starting to surface in regards to Matthew Perry's mysterious hospital stay. News of the Friends actor's Saturday car crash puzzled many, as the star was still thought to be in the hospital at the time of the accident. :: Full Story::
000522 ::Friends Actor Perry in Crash::
- Sometimes, as Friends actor Matthew Perry can probably attest, it's just not your month. While spending two weeks in the hospital for a strain of the flu that mutated into a host of oddly persistent stomach pains, Perry missed the better part of heated salary negotiations between his Friends castmates and NBC. Now comes the "what next?" capper: Perry, 30, crashed his green Porsche into the front porch of a Hollywood Hills residence Saturday afternoon. :: Full Story::
000515 ::NBC Pays to Win Back Friends::
- NBC's expensive renewal of its most popular sitcom proves that not all friendship is priceless. The six-member cast of Friends signed a two-year contract Sunday, and each actor will reportedly receive $750,000 per episode. That's six times their current salary of $125,000 per show.:: Full Story::
© Perry Online 2000 - 2001 - designed and maintained by Aurora